Most people stay away from the movies due to the coronavirus outbreak, but why not take the theater into your living room instead?
Nothing beats a cozy night when it’s cold outside.
A big screen is best for experiencing VR at any time of the year. Even if it’s not summer, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to enjoy VR when you’re in bed.
It is therefore essential to invest in the best bedroom projector. With so many different types and styles, it is easy to get it wrong.
We’ve looked at some of the best projector options available for the bedroom so you can choose one that suits your needs. Here’s how you can buy Best Bedroom Projectors.
|Home Theater Projector: Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 3LCD Editor's Rating: 9.7 Brand: Epson Check Price|
|Portable LED Projector: ViewSonic M1 Editor's Rating: 9.4 Brand: ViewSonic Check Price|
|High-Performance Projector: Optoma HD146X Editor's Rating: 9.2 Brand: Optoma Check Price|
|Home Theater Projector: BenQ HT2050A 1080P Editor's Rating: 9 Brand: BenQ Check Price|
|Mini Projector: ManyBox Editor's Rating: 8.8 Brand: ManyBox Check Price|
|Portable Smart Projector: KODAK Luma 350 Editor's Rating: 8.5 Brand: KODAK Check Price|
|Anker NEBULA Capsule Max Editor's Rating: 8.3 Brand: NEBULA Check Price|
|Home Theater Projector: Optoma HD39HDR High Brightness HDR Editor's Rating: 8.2 Brand: Optoma Check Price|
- Best Bedroom Projectors – Year’s #1 Choice
- Home Theater Projector: Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 3LCD
- Portable LED Projector: ViewSonic M1
- High-Performance Projector: Optoma HD146X
- Home Theater Projector: BenQ HT2050A 1080P
- Mini Projector: ManyBox
- Portable Smart Projector: KODAK Luma 350
- Anker NEBULA Capsule Max
- Home Theater Projector: Optoma HD39HDR High Brightness HDR
- How to choose a bedroom projector?
Best Bedroom Projectors – Year’s #1 Choice
Epson is a reliable projector manufacturing brand trusted by many home theater lovers. It can deliver full HD 1080p entertainment right in your bedroom.
Have a theater-like experience without having to go outside.
It can be connected to any Blu-ray disc player, gaming console, or streaming device.
Enjoy unlimited entertainment with HDMI ports and MHL connectivity.
Brightness - It provides up to 2200 lumens of color brightness for amazing, bright pictures.
It also has 2000 lumens white brightness for bright rooms. Its dynamic contrast ration is 35,000: 1 for better visibility in dark rooms.
Image quality – With image enhancement and frame interpolation, the projector provides clear, sharp images.
The innovative 3LCD technology displays images without any rainbow effects.
WideScreen Projection - Get up to 300 inches wide on virtually any wall or display.
It displays high-quality videos, films, and more on its screen.
Speaker - It lets you easily install and get started with right out-of-the-box entertainment. The built-in speaker gives you better sound quality.
Some product details
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited; Lamp Life: Up to 7,500 hours (ECO mode) and up to 4000 hours (Normal mode)
- Screen Size Range: 90-inches from 8 feet; 134-inches from 12 feet. Projector Dimensions: Including feet - 11.69" x 9.65" x 4.69" (W x D x H). Excluding feet - 11.69" x 9.80" x 4.49" (W x D x H).
- Contrast Ratio: 35,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes; Lens Shift: No
- Watch HD videos
- Compatible with MHL-enabled devices
- Keystone correction
- 2 years limited warranty
- 7000 hours lamp life in Eco/Normal modes
- Loud fan noise
- Average speaker sound
This portable projector is extremely easy to set up anywhere. It provides high-quality images for any occasion.
It projects television shows and movies onto the bedroom ceilings so they can be seen from anywhere in the room.
With its projected image size of up to eight feet wide by nine feet tall, this projector is ideal for almost any indoor space. You can easily move it from one location to another, so you don't need to worry about losing it.
A projector that throws a big image onto a wall from 8 feet away. You can watch live sports and stream shows on Netflix or Disney+.
A built-in battery lets you enjoy an amazing 6-hour period of unlimited entertainment and allows for charging smartphones using USB Type-A when the adapter is connected.
It stands up straight so that it's always ready for use. And its 360˚ design means that it can be placed in any position and angle.
Connectivity – It connects with various inputs like HDMI, USB, etc., and plays media from computers, Macs, and smartphones.
Some product details
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control, just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures
- PORTABLE PROJECTOR: Ultra-portable WVGA (854x480p) LED projector that delivers convenient entertainment in nearly any room
- PREMIUM AUDIO: Built-in dual Harman Kardon speakers deliver room-filling audio
- Incorporated dual Harman Kardon speakers for premium audio
- Easy setup, just plug and go
- Versatile connectivity options
- Safety auto-off feature
- 250 ANSI lumens
- Glitchy remote
- Displays blurry text
With its high-definition and DLP projection technologies, this projector is ideal for bedroom use.
Besides its excellent picture quality, there are several additional functions available as well.
Movie lovers can watch films, TV shows, and sports events using this projector.
High Resolution – It offers crisp, high-quality images with native 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution and a 25 thousand: one contrast ratio. Enjoy 3,600 Lumens of Brightnessto provide a brighter viewing experience.
Economy modes use less power than high-performance modes, so they last longer. So, if you're using them for four-hour blocks every day, they'll give you more than a year of battery life.
Dynamic Black Technology - The dynamic black technology smoothly adjusts light output to achieve a high-contrast image and gives more depth. Dark scenes look clearer, whilst bright scenes don't become grainy.
With simple on / off, turn the projector on or off automatically using HDMI-CEC technology from a TV or AV receiver. Use universal remotes to control the projector and connected devices.
Some product details
- EASY INSTALLATION: 40° vertical keystone correction and a 1. 1X zoom enable flexible placement in any environment
- HDMI plus USB POWER: Support for HDMI extender and USB power supply; connect to Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox, Switch, PS4 or set top box for a big-screen entertainment experience
- CINEMATIC PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy crisp, high-definition images with a native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and an RYGCWB color wheel for home cinema color calibration.
- DLP DMD single-chip design for perfect image alignment
- Flexible placement in various locations
- Eco mode has low noise levels.
- Game Display Mode For a better visibility
- Displays 3D content
- It works with HDMI extenders and USB chargers.
- Stops working after minimal use
- Not-so reliable remote control
With a BenQ projector, experience the best in-home cinema with big-screen images.
It takes up less than half of a typical laptop’s hard drive.
It competes with some of the high-quality, expensive projector models in terms of brightness and image quality.
Picture quality – It offers full HD 1080p visuals for crisp details, clarity, and brightness.
It has a high native contrast ratio (1000:1), good color reproduction, and accurate color calibration.
DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology - It is a popular technology used by most movie theatres worldwide for sharp and crisp images.
High responsiveness – This is a high-performance, ultra-responsive projection system with a low input lag of just 16 milliseconds.
Some product details
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the leading technology used in 90% of the world’s cinemas and 100% of Digital IMAX theaters. You will experience a longer lasting, slimmer design, sharper and crisper image in BenQ's projector.
- HIGH RESPONSIVENESS: The specialized low input lag of 16ms and unique game modes ensure gamers an ultra-smooth gaming experience.
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Supports most media players, gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI, USB, and more
- Project a 100-inch screen from 8 feet away
- Award-winning, highly rated projector
- Authentic cinematic color
- It’s easy to use the keypad.
- Microsecond DMD response time
- No sleep mode
- Better for darkroom only
It is a portable miniature projector with an extensive array of features. This Mini projector is Amazon’s choice for video projectors by manybox.
It could be a better choice than TV.
It’s a good deal for a small room projector. You won't pay too much for it.
Big Screen - The projector screen size varies from 34” to 180” with a 3’ to 12’ projected distance.
Use it at night when there’s no light.
Visible Light – It is 70% more visible than incandescent bulbs.
The mini projector supports 1080p resolution and has a contrast ratio of 2k:1.
Speaker - The built-in dual speakers provide high-quality sounds so you’ll get better sound along with the screen.
Application - It connects to PCs, laptops, smartphones, flash drives, and gaming devices to play video games, watch movies, view photographs, and follow sports.
Some product details
- 【Superior watching experience】 This mini projector equipped with 2000: 1 contrast ratio, supported 1080P resolution, brings you a 70% brighter than other projectors, it is an ideal choice for home entertainment. Not recommended for PPT
- 【Big size screen】 The projection size varies from 34" To 180" With 3ft to 12ft projection distance (3-9ft recommended)
- 【1-Year 】we offers a 1-year and service & Technical support. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us
- 4500 lumens brightness
- 45000 hours lamp life
- Built-in fan for cooling
- 1-year warranty
- 4 inches by 3.5 inches by 9 inches
- Better suited for small rooms with a 0.8 meter (2.6 feet) minimum throw range
- So-so picture quality
- Average sound quality
It’s portable, so you can use it anywhere.
It has high-definition (HD) imaging, which makes it an excellent choice for watching movies in bed.
It has built-in WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile mirroring, USB, and HDMI connections.
High-quality image support – We offer 4K video output at 854x480 pixels (3840×2160)
Use projector in full ultra high definition (UHD) resolution to get a better viewing experience. The screen’s brightness level is 3000 nit.
Regularly maintaining lamps can extend their useful lives. A 7500mAh battery provides enough energy to last for a long period of use.
Brightness - The 350-lumen LED light with 200 ANSI lumen brightness throws an ultra-brilliant image with crystal-clear details at a range of 150 inches.
Compatible - It has flexible connections with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB for smartphones, tablets, streaming devices, and more.
Some product details
- COMPATIBILITY ACROSS ALL SMART DEVICES | Turn Your Phone Into a Remote| Discover the Ultimate All-Inclusive Multimedia Experience w/ Onboard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring, HDMI & USB for Phone, Laptop, Tablet, Streaming through downloaded Apps, Blu-Ray, Consoles & More. Note: The remote can only turn off the projector.
- ADVANCED ANDROID 6.0 & iOS INTERFACE | Download Apps, Browse the Internet & Access Other Exciting Content Directly on the Projector | Device Features Easy-to-Use Light-Up Touch Controls, Manual Focus, Audio Output & Remote Control |Connect your Android or use the iOS Luma App for Even More Options
- CINEMA-QUALITY VIDEO FOR MOVIE MAGIC | Recreate the Visual Excellence of a Theater | Project in Full Ultra HD Resolution w/ Unbelievable Picture Quality| Built-In Speaker Lets You Enjoy Audio—No External Equipment Needed | Use your phone as a remote to adjust settings, open apps & choose content
- 16.7 million colors
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- Lightweight, weighing only 12oz
- Built-in speaker
- Touch controls
- Adjust focus manually
- Use an app for controlling devices remotely.
- Loud fan
- Sensitive focus dial
It’s a better ceiling projector and ideal for low-light environments. You will enjoy watching videos and TV shows with bright and vibrant visuals.
You don't need to visit a movie theatre if you're watching movies at home.
High Definition (HD) Image Quality – Perfect for low-light environments, this projector offers cutting-edge DLP technology to display sharp images with 720 p resolution.
A projection screen is an electronic device that projects high-quality images onto any surface. It has four projection modes; front, rear, ceiling, and floor.
Speaker - The built-in 8-watt speaker provides high-quality sound with excellent clarity.
With the "Nebula Connect" app, control the projector from your smartphone. It can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple store. Watch videos online, stream movies, and more from Nebula manager store.
Some product details
- Smart OS: Download and stream YouTube, Netflix,and more from Nebula Manager Store. Use the Nebula Connect app on your phone to control Netflix on the mini-projector.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule Max movie projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. For peak performance, please update to the latest firmware.
- Ideal in the Home: Stay entertained at home with this mini-projector’s 100-inch image. Watch movies, take online classes, or keep the kids entertained with hours of cartoons and educational videos. The possibilities are endless.
- Reduces eyestrain by limiting the amount of light reaching the eyes directly.
- 200 ANSI lumens for vivid colors
- 30,000 hours lamp lifespan
- 1280 x 720 resolution
- Projector mode and speaker mode
- Eco-modes last up to four hours, while normal modes last one and a half hours.
- 2.5 hours charging time
- Short battery life
- Difficult app interface
- Not so bright
This Optoma projection system is best suited for rooms with ambient light. It delivers an HDR viewing environment on a huge screen.
A versatile projector is ideal for delivering video content in family rooms, theaters, and gaming rooms.
Gamers can enjoy lag-free gameplay by using the enhanced game mode.
With 4,000 lumens, the XR6500’s image quality is excellent. Its RYGCWB display has six segments for accurate colors.
Lamp lifespan – The lamp has an expected lifetime of 15,000 hrs (approximately 4hrs per night) giving you around 10 years of use before needing replacement.
3D - It displays three-dimensional content from many sources including three-dimensional blu-rays, three-dimensional broadcasting, and the latest generation game consoles.
Responsive - The enhanced gaming mode has a fast reaction time of 8.4 milliseconds with a 120 Hz display rate for a lag-free experience.
Some product details
- CLEAR, DETAILED IMAGES: 1080p (1920×1080) resolution (with 4K input) and 50,000:1 contrast ratio renders sharp and detailed images from high-definition content without downscaling or compression
- FULL 3D: The HD39HDR displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 120Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIVITY: Connect to gaming consoles, media players and other HDMI devices such as Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Apple TV; inputs include dual HDMI (1.4a 3D support)
- Easy installation and setup
- 1080p (1920x1080) resolution, 5000:1 (or greater
- Extensive connectivity
- 10-watt built-in speakers
- Terrible sound quality
How to choose a bedroom projector?
If you’re going to turn your room into a movie theater, a projection system is an absolute must. Make sure it has all the necessary bells and whistles to do the job right.
Here are some things you should think about when purchasing a projector for the bedroom.
When purchasing a projector, you should pay attention to its resolution. Some projectors offer better quality than others, but most offer at least 1080p.
If you’re looking for a projector with a high-quality image, then 1080p is the best choice.
It is possible to get a good quality projection system for less than $100 if you shop carefully.
480p isn’t a bad resolution for watching at night in a darkened living space.
Low-light environments require lower levels of light than bright ones.
If you keep a small, portable projection screen in your bedroom, you can use smaller, less expensive, lower-lumen projectors for nighttime viewing.
If you’re looking for a projector with 1500 lumens, then you should consider buying one with that range. However, if you want to get the best performance from your projector, then you should opt for a projector with 3000 lumens.
While no one keeps track of time when watching TV shows, long lamp lives are important for keeping up with endless binging.
After a certain number of years, the projector may start showing signs of wear and tear. However, some projectors last for up to eight thousand (8K) or even ten thousand (10K) hour lifespans.
If you’re using a lamp for household purposes, then 15,000-hour lamps (about four years) will provide you with roughly ten minutes of light per day.
With the resolution, the contrast ratio determines how vivid the colors would be in the projected images.
Low-contrast projectors tend to be rather dim and feature dull color schemes. Typically, they have a contrast ratio of 2000:1.
Though 2000:1 isn’t a bad ratio, it could be better (get a contrast ratio of 5,000:1).
Increase your budget and enjoy a better streaming service with high resolution (15K:1, 50K:1, and 100K:1) plus greater contrast ratios.
If you don’t want to interrupt your movie viewing by fiddling with the buttons, consider buying a projector with remote control features.
Make sure the device has good reception and is easy to use. Many users have complained about the poor quality of some remotes.
Considering these things, you can get a reasonably priced projector.
You don’t need to spend extra money on an advanced feature if you’re not planning to actually implement it.
How do you use a projector in a bedroom?
You can use projectors in bedrooms anywhere from five different spots. These include:
- Mount On The Ceiling
- Mount Behind A Headboard Or Bed Canopy
- Mount an iBeacon inside a built-in niche in the wall
- Mounted On The Table Or Desk.
- Use it as part of a home theater system.