A projector is a device that projects images onto a screen. Projection screens come in various sizes and shapes, so they’re not limited to being used in homes or offices. They’re also portable, so you can take them anywhere. You can find affordable projectors online, and they’re easy to set up. Plus, they’re very versatile. You can use them to show movies on large surfaces, such as walls and ceilings, or smaller ones, like tables and desks. And because they’re compact, you can easily move them around your house or apartment.
Not every space is suitable for a television or an additional monitor, but most spaces do have walling, which is all a great projection system really requires. Even the roof will suffice if you want your movie to be watched while lying down. There aren’t a whole lot of roof-mounted televisions around, but a projection system can place an image anywhere you can direct it. Flexibility for victory!
Here’s How to buy Best 1080p Projector
|Best 4K Overall: BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector Editor's Rating: 9.8 Brand: BenQ Check Price|
|Best 1080p Overall: Epson Home Cinema 2040 Editor's Rating: 9.6 Brand: Epson Check Price|
|Best for Gaming (1080p): BenQ HT2150ST Projector Editor's Rating: 9.4 Brand: BenQ Check Price|
|Best Features: Sony VPLHW45ES 3D SXRD Editor's Rating: 9.2 Brand: Sony Check Price|
|Best Splurge: Samsung The Premiere 4K UHD Triple Laser Wireless Projector Editor's Rating: 9.1 Brand: SAMSUNG Check Price|
|Best Portable: Anker Nebula Mars II Pro Editor's Rating: 8.8 Brand: NEBULA Check Price|
- Best 1080p Projector – Best Reviews Guide
- How to choose 1080 project
Best 1080p Projector – Best Reviews Guide
Best 4K Overall: BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector
BenQ makes really good projectors, and that's true here in the BenQ HT3550. This projector offers truly great color accuracy. It's tuned by the factory for the best color output you can find, and it shwoes rite of the way. The BenQ is an awesome 4k find at about 1,500 dollars, which is really good for a 4k projector. Our tester found that 2,200 lumens were quite bright enuff fo broad daylight, which can be challenging for more projectors.
Unfortunately, slow is somewhat of a theme for this projector, since our reviewer also notes slow boot-up and shutdown speeds. Maybe that won't really bother you if you have some extra time on each end, but our reviewer also noticed a little delay when it comes to playing single-player games. When it comes to multiplayer settings though, and especially when it comes to competitive play, the 50 ms of input delay can actually hurt your overall game experience. If you aren't interested in online multiplayer games, then that might not be too big of a deal for you. However, if you are a competitive gamer, you should definitely avoid this device because of the high input delay.
Some product details
- 10-ELEMENT LENS ARRAY: specialized all-glass lens grouping provides the right level of light penetration producing best-in-class sharpness, color, Quality and clarity
- TRUE 4K PROJECTOR: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual Pixels give incredible clarity and crisply defined details. NOT double HD or 2K like other manufacturers
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the leading technology used in 90% of the world’s cinemas and 100% of digital IMAX theaters. You will experience a longer lasting, slimmer design, sharper and crisper image in BenQ projector
- Exceptional color accuracy
- A good price for a 4K projection system.
- Sluggish startup and shutdown times
- Slower than average frame rate for games
Best 1080p Overall: Epson Home Cinema 2040
If your budgetary constraints do not allow you to purchase a 4K television set, then 1080p HDTVs are still quite capable of providing a great viewing experience. In addition, the Epson Home Cinema 2050 offers excellent value for money, with a projected brightness of 3,200 lumens, and a lamp lifetime of 5,000 hrs. You can adjust the contrast level between black and white to suit your personal preferences. With a screen size ranging from 90 to 134 inches, this projector will provide a perfect viewing experience for any room in the home.
The projector also has an array of ports including HDMI, composite video, component video, DVI, and DisplayPort. It supports two types of connections, one being digital and the other analog. In addition, it features three sets of speakers, each set having both left and right channels and a subwoofer channel. These speakers produce sound at a volume level of around 90dB. For comparison, a human voice sounds about 60dB, and a jet engine produces approximately 100dB.
Some product details
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited; Lamp Life: Up to 7,500 hours (ECO mode) and up to 4000 hours (Normal mode)
- Connectivity: 2 HDMI (1 MHL), 1 RCA (composite), 2 RCA (1 audio L/R) stereo, 1 VGA D-sub 15 pin (computer input), 1 USB Type A. Please refer the User Guide before use.
- White Brightness: 2200 Lumens; Color Brightness: 2200 Lumens
- Low fan noise
- Lots of I/O options
- Short bulb life
Best for Gaming (1080p): BenQ HT2150ST Projector
Projecting images onto screens can be an incredibly useful tool for learning. You can watch movies, play games, and show slideshows. And if you've got a big-screen TV, you might not need a separate monitor anymore. A good quality HDTV can act as a second display, so you can see what you're doing on both screens simultaneously. With a little planning, you can make the best out of every inch of space.
A short throw projection system is designed to project images onto screens from only about 4.5 feet away. These systems are ideal for smaller rooms where mounting a large projection system would be impractical. They're also great for small spaces such as dorm rooms and bedrooms. However, they aren't suitable for larger rooms because they won't cover an entire wall.
"You will be hard pressed to come up with a better definition."
Some product details
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION: Vertical keystone correction and a 1. 2x zoom allows easy installation
- AWARD WINNING PROJECTOR - Best Overall - Best Projectors for Gaming 2019 - IGN
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY : 3-year limited parts and labor coverage makes you rest easy that our us-based customer service team is here when you need it
- Low input lag is good for games.
- Short throw projector
- Low input latency is good for gaming.
- Short throw projector
- Brightness uniformity issues
Best Features: Sony VPLHW45ES 3D SXRD
Sony is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of electronics, including televisions, mobile phones, digital cameras, camcorders, audio equipment, personal computers, and robotics. They also manufacture gaming consoles such as the PlayStation, PlayStations, PSP, and PS Vita. Their products include Blu-ray players, DVD recorders, home theatre systems, and headphones. In addition, they produce a wide range of electronic components used in consumer electronics devices around the globe.
It has one other advantage: You can use it for both 2D and 3D images. And with its 1.6x zoom lens, you can position this projection device farther away from the screen and still get a crystal clear image. Its front-facing fan helps keep things cool, too. If you want to place it somewhere where there isn't air flow, though, be sure to turn off the fan first.
So, you'll definitely need a dark room for sure, but if you're looking for something cheaper than most other projectors, then this one might be right for you.
Some product details
- NO MOTION BLUR: Fast response rate with Motionflow technology to see every detail with minimal blur
- VIEW IN 3D: Wider coverage and greater stability with the built-in industry standard RF transmitter
- ZOOM FLEXIBILITY: Manual 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range to work in rooms of all sizes
- Front facing fan
- 1.6x zoom
- Supports 3D
- 1,800 lumens
Best Splurge: Samsung The Premiere 4K UHD Triple Laser Wireless Projector
This projector's wow factor is undeniable. With four times the resolution of 1080p HDTVs, plus 3D capabilities, this is a must-have for anyone who wants to watch movies and play games without having to worry about pixelation. And if you're planning to hook your new TV up to a computer, you'll appreciate the ability to connect wirelessly via Miracast. This is also an excellent choice for those who love watching sports and live events. You can get this amazing piece of technology for under $1,000, so it's definitely worth checking out.
For a device with such a small footprint that it barely sticks out from the furniture, you'll receive tons of value and experience one of the best projections you can purchase, unless you're looking at a full cinema.
Some product details
- HDR & GAME ENHANCER: HDR unveils shades of color you can’t find on HDTV; With Game Enhancer, The Premiere automatically adjusts settings to help games run smoothly
- POWERFUL 4.2 CHANNEL SYSTEM: The powerful 40W speakers in this 2.2.2 channel system provide front, center and surround sound for a room-filling audio experience
- ULTRA SHORT THROW & COMPACT DESIGN: This compact projector turns any room into a home theater; Ultra Short Throw technology allows The Premiere to be placed inches from the wall while delivering an incredible picture
- Smart functionality
- Built-in assistants
- Built-in surround sound
- The price
- Oh my God, the price
Best Portable: Anker Nebula Mars II Pro
We've taken a lot of care putting together a list of the best projectors on the market today. From our research, we found that the Epson Home Cinema Projection TV is one of the best projectors out there. With features such as HDMI connectivity, built-in Wi-Fi, and an impressive contrast ratio, this is a great choice if you're looking to buy a home theatre system.
With an OS based on Android, this device can play videos from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Video, Pandora, Spotify, and others. You can also download movies directly to the device via Google Play Movies & TV. And if you're not into streaming video, you can watch DVDs and Blu-ray discs right through the device. Plus, it comes with a built-in speaker so you can listen to music.
Some product details
- Expand Your Entertainment: Plug and play your favorite HDMI and USB 2.0 devices, including laptops, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and more.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CANNOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Mars to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. For peak performance, please update to the latest firmware.
- Cinematic Sound: Dual 10W audio drivers work together to deliver sensational sound and deep, resonant bass for a truly immersive outdoor projector movie experience.
- Android installed
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 500 Lumens
- 720p resolution
- It's too expensive for what it brings.
How to choose 1080 project
If you want to watch movies at their best quality, then you need to get yourself a high-definition projector. A low-definition projector will produce images that look blurry and pixelated.
The contrast ratio is determined by the difference between the brightest white and the darkest black that a projector can produce. The higher the contrast ratio, the better-quality picture you’ll get. A good rule of thumb is to aim for a contrast ratio of at least 2,000:1.
Lumen determines how bright the projectionist’s light is. The greater the lumen, the brighter the image. This mostly applies when you have well-lit rooms. Low-luminance projections can work in dim environments, but they won’t produce great pictures. For a movie theater, higher numbers are better.
Can a projector replace my TV/Monitor?
Yes. A projector may be thought of as an image-generation device, similar to a television. Unlike televisions, however, projectors do not have any physical limitations. They can grow in size to enormous sizes while remaining compact. Like televisions, they also require an external source of data, typically a dongle, blu ray player, or game console. Some projectors are capable of running their own operating system and applications.
How far do I place a projector from the screen?
Projector screens vary in size. Some may be large, others small. They also differ in how far they are from the wall. A short-throw projector is one that must be placed within arm’s reach of the screen. Longer throw projectors require a greater space between them and the screen. Consult your manual to find out what type of projector you have.
Do I need a screen?
Depending on what type of projector you’re using, the quality of the image can vary greatly. Some projectors work best when projecting onto a large screen, others work better on smaller screens. In addition, the color temperature of the room where you’re showing the film can play an important role in how the images look. To get the best results, we recommend having a white background behind your projector. Of course, if you’re not planning on keeping the projector permanently, then you may opt for a cheaper option such as a TV instead.
Useful guide Projector: Several Things You Need To Know Before Buying One