To answer the question “What makes the best classroom projector?” we’ve listed some of the most important features that make them so good. Classroom projectors that offer these features are the best ones for teachers.
Classroom projector technology has advanced significantly since the early days when they were bulky and heavy. Today, there are many small, lightweight, and affordable models available. Furthermore, some of the most popular projector brands include Epson, Optoma, Panasonic, and Sony.
Read on to discover more about the best projector options for classrooms and the features you should look out for when shopping for one. Here’s how to buy the Best Projector For School.
|TOP PICK: Optoma EH412ST Projector Editor's Rating: 9.9 Brand: Optoma Check Price
|HONORABLE MENTION: TOPVISION T6 Projector Editor's Rating: 9.7 Brand: TOPVISION Check Price
|BEST FOR OUTSIDE USAGE: CiBest Video Projector Editor's Rating: 9.4 Brand: CiBest Check Price
|BEST FOR HIGH DEFINITION: YABER Y30 Projector Editor's Rating: 9.1 Brand: YABER Check Price
|BEST FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION: PVO YG300Pro Projector Editor's Rating: 8.9 Brand: PVO Check Price
|BEST FOR CONNECTIVITY: BIGASUO Pro302 Projector Editor's Rating: 8.7 Brand: BIGASUO Check Price
- Best Projector For School – See Our Editors’ Choice
- How to choose a projector for the school
- Projector for the Classroom Key Factors to Consider
Best Projector For School – See Our Editors’ Choice
Educators will greatly benefit from the brilliant projection, with a 4000-lumen lamp that can withstand the brunt of 15, 000 hrs. It has over fifteen thousand of hrs of life to offer. It's also highly portable. On one hand, it probably isn‘t suitable for early childcare teachers due to its corporate style. Children generally need better visualization for their developing brains.
The built-in speaker system carries volume across a room. This model can connect via a wide variety of interface types, including USB, HDMI, and VGA. The compact-short-thickness design allows you to utilize it even in smaller spaces. A high contrast level ensures vibrant colors, which is enhanced by the inclusion of a custom RGB calibration. Pairing it with a computer or TV that offers accurate colors helps ensure your presentation is truly stunning. For any issues regarding image quality, we provide an informative guide on how to correct colors on a projector.
Why do we choose it?
If you're an instructor or teacher at any grade level, this projector is perfect for you. It has a sleek look with a low projection ratio so you'll appreciate the stunning images projected onto the screen.
Some product details
- High brightness: enjoy 4, 000 lumens of brightness in well-lit meeting rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, classrooms and more
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS: The EH412ST features an array of connectivity options including 2 x HDMI, VGA in and out, audio-in and out, RS232, and USB-A
- PORTABLE SIZE: Weighing less than 8 pounds in a small form factor, the portable EH412ST is easy to take from room to room
- Extreme longevity for lamp
- Features a 10-watt speaker
- Provides high lumens
- Corporate appearance
This projector is great if you're planning to watch a lot of video games. With its ability to connect to multiple devices, it can give you access to your entire media collection while still being portable enough to take anywhere. In addition to having a longer lamp life, it also comes with a built-in screen so you don't have to worry about carrying one around. You'll find yourself enjoying movies and television shows in no time!
This is a compact option with a lightweight body that is easy to move around. There is also a basic sound card included so everyone can listen to what you're teaching. You can upgrade to a dual fan setup if you'd rather get better quality sound. And if you don't feel comfortable with the built-in speakers, there is also a headphone jack for you to plug in your own headphones. It boasts an average of 80% brighter light than other models because it utilizes advanced LED lighting.
Some product details
- 【BUILT-IN HIFI STEREO SPEAKER】: High clear stereo speakers provide powerful, crystal sound. You can also hook up an external speaker with 3. 5mm audio output for better sound. To reduce the noise, we have equipped it with the latest dual-fan system for its even better performance and immersive audio experience. Power voltage: 100V-240V 50/60Hz.
- 【HOW TO CONNECT TO A SMARTPHONE】: When connecting with an iPhone, an extra Lightning to HDMI adapter is needed. When connecting with an Android phone, an extra Micro USB/Type C to HDMI adapter is needed. (Adapter is not included in the package). No need to install any app, this phone projector can mirror display your phone screen.
- 【PERFECT HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE】：TOPVISION T6 video projector with projector screen is upgraded LED lighting provides +85% brightness than an ordinary projector. 1920x1080 resolution supported. Ideal for home video in the backyard, hosting parties and movie nights while traveling. Not recommend for PowerPoint or other office presentations.
- Extra large screen included
- Uses an HDMI cable
- Connects to entertainment systems
- Meant for household use
When choosing this option, you won’t require any additional accessories. A USB port can handle both HDMIs and universal serial buses. Even though the brightness is somewhat low, this projector offers great color quality. With 7,000 lumens, you’ll get plenty of light to work under. However, if you’d rather watch movies in higher resolution, you might not be pleased with the picture quality.
The image is crisp and clear, just not quite as sharp as the others we tested. Its screen resolution is great too, so you won’t find yourself squinting to read the small print. The display also features a wide viewing angle, so you can easily watch movies or play games from almost anywhere. You might notice a slight blurriness around the edges of the screen if you're watching videos or playing games though. The included remote control is responsive and easy to navigate. We found the touchpad to be smooth and accurate, and the cursor moved smoothly across the screen.
Why do we choose it?
If you often teach classes outdoors, this is a great option for you. It has a lot of useful functions, including one that makes it brighter than most models when it’s sunny out.
Some product details
- 【 CONNECT to MULTIPLE DEVICES 】 Works with TV stick, PC, laptops, tablets, Blue-ray DVD player, TF card, USB flash drive, PS4/XBOX/WII, media players (music, pictures, video, TXT), headphone. You can also connect it to your iPad, iPhone, Android smartphones (Need to buy an extra HDMI adapter, can't connect phone with USB cable). Not recommend for PPT business presentations.
- 【 100% CUSTOMER SERVICE 】Provides 18-months return and lifetime repair. Any questions please contact our customer support team. We will try our best to resolve the problems for you.
- 【 BIG SCREEN & STEREO SPEAKERS 】 It provides a watching size from 30" to 200" with the distance from 2.62ft to 14.8ft. The optimal image size is about 60 - 80" with 3.9 - 8.2ft projection distance. The built-in speakers provide stunning sound effects. Also, you can connect your home theater system for a better sound via the 3.5mm audio output.
- Extreme maneuverability
- Multiple connection interfaces
- It can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Lower resolution than other models
The image quality of this projector is fantastic. You'll be able to watch any movie, TV show, or educational program come to life in real-timelike. Its original intention was for household use to watch movies together. Due to this, it projects great pictures. However, if you're trying to project something over a distance in a dimly lit area, you may find yourself frustrated.
The usage of an XYZ zoom function provides complete control over placement without altering the projection size. You'll also be able to utilize HDMI, USB, AV, and VGA connectors. Finally, it is suitable for large-scale projectors. This is fantastic news for a lecture room where screens should be both lengthy and broad to provide every student with a full sight.
Why do we choose it?
With its impressive features, this projector offers an excellent HD experience. It’s perfect if you want to create movies.
Some product details
- [1080P Native Resolution (1920*1080), Support 4K Video] The projector with a real native resolution of 1920*1080, remarkable 9500L bright and high dynamic contrast ratio of 10000:1, provides sharp and detailed images from HD content without downscaling or compression, which is four times higher than 720p. Combining an innovative high-refraction 5 layers glassed lens, ensuring the best video experience.
- [Hifi Stereo Sound & Latest Advanced Cooling System] The Y30 LED projector has built-in 3W dual stereo speakers with SRS sound system provides a great auditory sense experience without external speakers. Updated an advanced and silent cooling system with 3 fans running simultaneously. Adopt the latest SmarEco technology to minimize lamp power consumption to extend the useful life of the lamp to a maximum of 100000 hours.
- [Three-Year & Lifetime Professional Support] This 1080P projector is very suitable for home movie entertainment, backyard, games and party fun. YABER provides 6-month back and 3-year repair, lifetime professional technical support. Notice: jerky or lag when playing videos is not a quality problem and can be solved by firmware upgrade. Any problems, please let us know anytime.
- Extremely high definition
- Syncs with smartphones
- High lumens option
- Projects well when there’s enough light.
This highly mobile option offers a range of functions for early learning teachers. It’ll work fine in moderate ambient light, as long as you try and diffuse it. You can also remote control it, so you can turn it off whenever necessary. Its compact size comes with a drawback though – you won’t be able to project further than about 150 inches. For smaller rooms with younger kids, this shouldn’t be an enormous problem.
The power supply comes with a mini power bank so users do not have to worry about tangling wires in their little hands. It also works with any smartphone that has an output of 5 volts. It can support 1080p full HD with a natural screen resolution of 800x480 pixels. It is able to fit inside a bag or pocket so it can be taken anywhere. With features such as these, it may be one of the best portable projective displays.
Why do we choose it?
This compact projector brings together an exciting design and lots of techs to create something kids and parents alike will enjoy. It’s packed with cool things like dual speakers and built-in Bluetooth so they can play with it right out of the box.
Some product details
- Power Bank supply: The mini portable projector is powered by a power adapter (does not have a built-in battery), It can also be powered by mobile phone charger, car charger or power pack via micro-USB interface (need to support 5V/2.5A), enjoy anytime, anywhere.
- Gift for Children: Mini projector is a must-have product for children to watch cartoons and videos, which is very popular with children. When viewed from a distance with a projector, it can project a maximum of 170 inches (Recommended 60-100 inches). Keeping children away from mobile phones and iPads can protect children's eyes.
- Upgrade Performance: PVO YG300Pro upgraded in 2022, support 1080P full HD and the natural resolution have increased to 800*480. Improve the brightness and color saturation of the projected picture to make the picture clearer and more comfortable (dark room is better).
- Can be controlled remotely
- Micro projection option
- Usable in outdoor settings
- Poor projection ability
Need to make a connection with a particular interface? This projector almost definitely supports it. In fact, it'll even hook into your gadget without wires! There are other benefits too, including brighter image quality and improved colors. However, beware that this one comes with a more technical set-up than others. This is an expected compromise given the advanced technology that it includes. Most schools provide technical assistance that can assist you through the worst of times.
The enhanced brightness comes in part from a native 1080p display, and also from an 800:1 contrast ratio. The picture reproductions are much richer than those found in lower-end models, and they’re better because of the overall picture clarity. Most schools have plenty of flash drives available, so transferring files should be seamless. You can easily move slides back and forth between your PC and projector.
Why do we choose it?
You can use this projector anywhere and connect it however you want. It works with both wired and wirelessly connected devices, and it even has built-in DVD playback capabilities. Its greatest advantage for teachers is its ability to play DVDs.
Some product details
- ❹ [Multiple Input, Compatible with Most Devices] With HDMI, AV, VGA, Micro SD Card ports, this outdoor movie projector can widely connect to most device, like Laptop, PCs, USB Flash Drive, PS4 etc. The equipped DVD function also supports to directly play CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD. (Not support Blu-ray discs). No matter indoor or outdoor, this little smart projector will bring you endless entertainment with your family and friends!
- ❺ [Rich Accessories, With Carry Bag & Tripod] Considering the using requirements of customers, our BIGASUO projector thoughtfully offered a FREE Bag & Tripod, which is good for storage, carrying and using. Meanwhile, we are also providing 90 DAYS refund or replacement service and 3-YEARS Technical Support. If you encounter any problems during use, please don't hesitate to contact us for help!
- ❷ [Enhanced Brightness, Restore Color Details Better] This HD 1080P supported projector has native 720P resolution (1280 x720) and 8000:1 contrast ratio. It used high-quality coated lenses, which makes the picture reproduction higher, and the color level is richer. Pairing super decoding ability with high-definition display screen, it enable this LCD projector creates a better picture quality and gives you an immersive shock.
- Accepts wireless connections
- Built-in system plays discs
- Multiple ways to mount
- Somewhat technical set-up
How to choose a projector for the school
When considering a new projector for your class, you’ll want to take into account the functionality and features you’ll need to make an educated decision. First, think about how you intend to use the projector while you teach. Will you primarily use the projector for presentations? Or do you want to use it for interactive lessons where students can access content on their own devices? Think about the amount of ambient light in your room before deciding on lumen output. Lastly, think about connectivity options and how you’ll connect to mobile devices and laptops.
Projector for the Classroom Key Factors to Consider
What type of projector works best for a classroom setting?
There are various types of projectors available for classrooms, some better than others. Consider your needs and decide which type would be best suited for your situation.
Short-throw projectors need no more than three to eight-foot distances from the screen to the projection surface.
Ultra-short-throws projectors need no more than an inch or two of space between the screen and the projection surface.
Long-throw projectors usually need at least 6 feet of space between the screen and the projection surface. They’re ideal for larger screens in larger rooms.
Interactive projectors use sensors to track movement and add them to the projection. These are useful for group projects and are one of the most popular choices for classroom settings. A good projector for a golf simulator would be an example of an interactive system.
Compact and lightweight projectors usually use a rechargeable battery that offers either short or long battery life.
Which kind of connections do you require for your classroom projector?
Depending on the types of connected sources you plan to connect to your projector, you might choose one type of connection over another. For example, if you plan to connect your laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc., to your projector, you’d probably want to buy a projector with HDMI, VGA, and USB ports. But if you plan to connect just a smartphone to your projector, then you would likely need a projector with Bluetooth capabilities.
How bright do you need your classroom projector to be?
Projectors come in three basic sizes: small (300–500 lumen), medium (1000–1500 lumen), and large (2000+). We recommend choosing one size larger than the room you plan to project into. For example, if you’re projecting onto a screen measuring 15 feet wide by 20 feet high, choose a projector with a maximum output of 2000 lumen. If you’re planning to project onto a smaller screen, such as a laptop display, then you may want to consider a smaller projector.
How easy is the projector to install?
Short throws and ultra-shorts are great options if you’re working with a projector that requires no setup. They’re also ideal for classrooms where space is tight. These models typically feature small footprints, so they won’t take up much room on a desk or table.
Do you want an audio capability for your classroom projector?
Many teachers use projectors without any additional features. However, there are also some teachers who require audio capability. If this is true of you, you may want to consider a projection system that includes both video and audio functionality. Make sure you check out our list of the top 10 best projectors for schools below before making your final decision.
Are classroom projectors easy to operate?
Most classroom projector options are fairly straightforward to use, although some may be easier than others. You should definitely check out options with easily accessible buttons and remote control.
How bright do you want the light from the projector to be?
You should use a projector with at least 2,500 lumens of light output if your classroom is brightly lit. If you can dim a classroom by shutting down lights or covering windows, then 1,500 lumens of output is usually sufficient.
How do projectors improve teaching?
Projectors in classrooms can allow teachers to create visually appealing and organized presentation slides for their students. Typed texts are easier to understand than handwritten ones. So, by using projectors in classrooms, all of your students can easily follow your lectures.
What do teachers use instead of projectors?
You might be able to get away with using an old TV instead of a projector. However, if you have access to a projector, then you should definitely consider buying one.